Varietal blend: 100% Petit Verdot
Appellation: Napa Valley
Production: 600 Cases
• Organically farmed
• Hand pick by night in half ton bin for optimum fruit
• Fermented in open barrel and concrete tank
• Maceration for 4 to 5 weeks
• Push down 3 times a day during fermentation
• Aged for 18 months in French oak
30% new, 30% 1 year old, 40% 2 years old
WineMaker Notes: An intense deep dark garnet almost inky color with a rich concentrated aromas of rose petal, boysenberry, black cherry cassis accented by notes of cedar and spice.
Terroir: Located at the corner of Atlas Peak and Oak Knoll on a soil type of alluvium fan which exhibits gravely deposits with low content of coarse fragment. Our Petit Verdot is planting with a vine density of 2905 per acre which is reflected by low yield of two tons per acre or 30hl per hectare and a higher concentration of flavor.